I WANT TO STRESS THAT ALL OF THESE ANNOUNCEMENTS ARE DEPENDENT UPON THE DIRECTION WE RECEIVE FROM STATE AND LOCAL AUTHORITIES AND DEPARTMENTS IN THE COMING WEEKS. WE STILL JUST WANTED TO GET SOME THINGS PLANNED AND HOPE FOR THE BEST.
-Dr. Travis Madison, Superintendent
COMMENCEMENT (TENTATIVE - SAVE THE DATE)
- Tentatively Scheduled for Friday, July 17, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. (BRCS NEW GYM)
- Graduation pics will be taken prior to the ceremony TBD
- Updated graduation ceremony announcements will be provided free of charge from Jostens
- Audience TBD - Dr. Madison will take care of music
- Senior officers need to work on Slideshow - Slideshow sent to Dr. Madison with songs list.
- Mr. Doyle/Mr. Showalter will take care of candlelight and work with senior officers on programs
- Mr. Doyle/Mrs. Badger will work with valedictorians and salutatorians on speech info and information/pictures for press release to Washington Times Herald.
- "NEW" SENIORS YARD SIGNS PICK UP TBD (MAY) - Dr. Madison's office
- Mr. Doyle, Mr. Ash and Mrs. Sward will be keeping seniors Informed as details are available
JUNIOR/SENIOR PROM - POST PROM (TENTATIVE - SAVE THE DATE)
- Tentatively Scheduled for Saturday, July 18, 2020 @ 8 p.m. (Montgomery Ruritan Annex)
- Formal prom pics will take place at the HS and will be scheduled from 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Grand March (no public) will run from 6:30 p.m. - 7:15 p.m. and will be live streamed.
- Students can change after photos and attend dinner and dance at the Montgomery Ruritan Annex from 8 p.m. - 11 p.m. (DJ will begin after dinner)
- POST PROM TBA, but may also take place on the Ruritan Grounds (11 p.m. - 2 a.m.)
SENIOR TRIP (TENTATIVE - SAVE THE DATE)
Dr. Madison has reached out to the CEO of Holiday World and seniors tentatively have a Senior Day at Holiday World scheduled on Sunday, July 19, 2020. Charter buses will be arranged to take the seniors for a day together at Holiday World. Seniors will arrive when the park opens and stay until it closes. All meals/snacks will be covered at the park that day as well.
"VIRTUAL" STREAMED AWARDS RALLY
We are working on this for students and are trying to put something together for students and parents to enjoy in late May.
LOCKER/DESK CLEANOUT - BOOK/DEVICE TURN IN
- Principals will reach out later in May on how we will proceed with this.
- 6-12 Grade students will be able to keep their chromebook device home all summer.
- Textbook/AR & library books/music Instrument turn-in will be TBD and announced in May.
- K-5 device turn in will be TBD and announced in May as well.